Florida High School Athletic Association
Section – 200. Local Officials Associations
204.03 Responsibilities of Committees
3. Recommendations Committee: The Recommendations Committee is responsible for reviewing the evaluations of each member official during the regular season. This committee is also responsible for preparing and submitting to the FHSAA Office a list of member officials who deserve consideration for assignment to State Series contests. The assignment officer (booking commissioner) should act on the recommendations of this committee.
Section – 300. Assignments to Officiate State Series
302. Regional & State Tournaments/Meets
- The assignment of officials to officiate a regional tournament or meet, as well as a state tournament or meet, will be made by the FHSAA Office. These assignments may or may not be made from the list of officials compiled by the association’s Recommendations Committee as required in s.302.01(2), with the exceptions of swimming & diving and track & field.
- The Recommendations Committee within each local officials association must compile and submit by the prescribed deadline to the FHSAA Office a list of member officials who deserve consideration for assignment to a regional tournament contest or state tournament contest. This list of recommended officials must be approved by majority vote of the local officials association membership prior to its submission to the FHSAA Office.
302.02 Criteria to be followed in making Assignments.
Those officials in each sport who have met the following criteria will be given priority consideration for selection to officiate State Series contests:
- Officials who are classified by the FHSAA as Rank 1 or Rank 2 in that sport;
- Officials who were selected to officiate· a district tournament contest in that sport;
- Officials who have scored “80” or above on the FHSAA closed-book rules examination for that year in that sport;
- Officials who have completed the FHSAA video rules presentation for that year in that sport;
- Officials who have completed a field clinic within the previous four years;
- Officials who are recommended to the FHSAA Office by the local officials association to which they belong. (The FHSAA Office may request the local association to submit regular season evaluations for recommended officials.)
*Any official that appears on your top two (2) crews for the FHSAA Finals must have either had an FHSAA state finals game evaluation or an FHSAA evaluation camp evaluation within the last three years (3)” – FHSAA
* watch PAR Policies indicate additional responsibilities for PAR members to completed in order to work post season assignments.