Becoming an Official
In order to become an official with PAR, here are some steps to take:
- You must get a Florida State Contractor’s Card. Please go to http://fieldprintflorida.com and click on the purple button on the right hand side of the page that says, “Schedule an Appointment.” You will need to either sign up as a new user or log in if you have already registered with Fieldprint. Once you are signed in, please click the purple link, “I know my field print code” and use one of these two codes: follow FPPCSVendors (for fingerprinting and a badge) or enter site FPPCSBadge (for a lost or broken badge). That is the code for fingerprinting. The vendor/company name is Pinellas Area Referees. The cost for fingerprints and a badge is $82.50 and the cost for a lost/broken badge is $10.00. Once you have completed the application you will select a time and place to get fingerprinted. After getting fingerprinted, you will receive an email when the card is ready to be picked up. You must call to schedule a time to pick it up! Do not walk in without an appointment as you will not be helped. The location that can pick up your card is 11111 S Belcher Road Largo, Fl. You are required to bring either a birth certificate or passport to pick up your new card. If you have any questions, please call or email Fieldprint at 877-614-4364 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Sheila Diehl or Patricia Cross for help at 727-547-7279. They are the people who hand out the cards once they are ready. You are responsible for providing the Secretary at PAR with a copy of your new card. It can be texted, emailed or mailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You will Tastylia Purchase 20 MG not be assigned any games until the secretary has a copy of the card.
- After getting your card, join the Florida High School Athletic Association. Please go to www.fhsaa.arbitersports.com and click on “Becoming an Official.” From there you can click on “Register with FHSAA” which will immediately start you on the online application. You will be asked to identify a local association to join. Please select Pinellas Area Referees.
- Once you have obtained your new Florida State Contractors Card and email it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org you will be sent an email from the Booking Commissioner to join ArbiterSports. This is the online system PAR uses to assign games. You are required to sign up and complete your profile with your address and contact information. You must also check the box “Ready to Be Assigned” in the top right corner of the main page in order to receive game assignments. PAR also requires you to upload a photo to your profile. If you need help with this please contact email@example.com
- Take the online basketball exam offered in October. The basketball exam is an online exam and it is open book. If you go to our “Test Bank” page on this website, you can access several exams from previous years in order to familiarize yourself with the format and types of questions that are asked. The test is online and consist of 50 questions. The “Calendar” page on this website will be updated to include the new testing period each year.
- Purchase a uniform. Please go to the “Official Apparel” page on this website for links to several vendors that sell basketball uniforms. PAR uses the grey pinstripe shirt, black pants, solid black shoes and black jacket with the PAR logo.
- PAR requires all officials to attend a minimum of 5 training’s per year in order to officiate post season play and tip-off tournaments. Training is very important at PAR and we post at least 10 training sessions on our Calendar page on the website. Trainings begin in June and run through October.
If you have any questions during this process, please do not hesitate to email the PAR Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pinellas Area Referee
P.O. Box 10212
St. Petersburg, FL 33733